Saturday 17 December 2011

The snow the fall the 2nd week

Thank you for continuing to read my blogs I know they are not funny but they help to spread the word about the charity I am doing this challenge for and that it is an epic challenge for me and my family.
 So what did I do this week well I did 4 runs and 1 "strength" walk (walking with Fabian (my son) in his backpack on my back). I covered a total of 56.31km (34.98 miles) with my runs and walk this week.

I started the week with interval training and mis counted as I did 5 not 4 intervals. It was a good training and I remembered that I love to hate interval training. Following this I did a short strength walk to test my joints and legs (all was good).
Tuesday and Wednesday I rested, well from running anyway as I worked 2 busy  12.5 hour shifts and that is not resting.................
Thursday I did my first long run in the blistering cold with some heavy winds. I never knew how much wind can move you from side to side... It was slippy, slidy and so cold but the views were amazing and my legs just kept moving. This was my longest ever recorded run according to runkeeper:-)
Friday my b2b run was tough as it was colder than Thursday, I ran through snow, mud, icy patches, unavoidable puddles and even fell as my legs were not as nimble as I thought they would be after 12km.....

Saturday I hoped to run 45 minutes at HM (Half Marathon) pace but sadly the black ice stopped me from doing so but instead I gave a performance of bambi on ice slipping and sliding about.....

That was all I had time for this week as it does take a lot of time away from your family. However I have met new Twitter friends which is nice as it is great support and motivation as well as help to spread the word and raise awareness. Thank you to all my Facebook and Twitter friends especially to @grahamblundell @timcnicholls @marktownson for their offers to support me on the day and even run parts of it with me and the biggest thanks obviously again has to go to my wife and kids for supporting me in this challenge.

Thank you for reading and feel free to share this blog with your friends #spreadtheword

If you would like to raise money for the Amber Phillpott Trust and other charities supported by YeahBaby and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment