Sunday 11 December 2011

First B2B (back to back) long runs.....

So today was the day after yesterday and it was just the dawn of my first hurdle of my ultramarathon training. I barely recovered from my "adventure" run yesterday and got myself ready for my next longish run early this morning. I was not sure what I was doing or if it is a sensible idea but I followed the training plan @PIERTOWN has done for me. So out I went looking and feeling like someone that couldn't walk as my legs were stiff and ached all over but had to keep going as I promised to pick up @timcnicholls for a run this morning. My pain decreased the longer I ran and so did my GPS function on my mobile so couldn't track my progress but thankfully I had Tim with me and his device worked just perfectly. Apart from that it was a straight forward and very enjoyable run and despite being slow  Tim did stick with me making the run so much more enjoyable.Runkeeper stats
After the race I made sure I stretched and re-hydrated properly so I recovered quickly and am looking forward to my next run.
If you would like to raise money for the Amber Phillpott Trust and other charities supported by Yeah Baby and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment