Monday 19 December 2011

first b2b2b run Week 3

Hi again,

So it is my third week of training for my ultra and I thought I hit it off with my love to hate interval training. This time it was harder and different to any interval training I have ever done before as the hard intervals lasted 10 minutes and boy those 10 minute hurt and seem to last forever. However I am glad I did it and that I finished it as it will help me in the long run.....
I followed this up the very next day by a long distance run along the Thames Path. I was nervous about this run as I didn't know the route and it would be the longest run I have done so far. It was the best supported training run I have ever done as my wife decided to meet me at various points on the course with our 10 month old boy in her arms that kept me happy and to be honest that was the one thing that kept me going at times. The scenery along the Thames was lovely but the muddy, slippery and wet ground plus 20 gates to open and shut made it very hard to get into rhythm but I made it to the turning point and back in a decent time. However the way back was hard as each time I had to stop for these blimming gates my legs hurt and my rhythm was gone. Looking back at it now I take great strength from this run as I overcame emotions and pains I had not experienced before but I know without the encouragement of my fantastic wife and son I couldn't have done it.

The next day I planned to do a 100 minute run but only managed 80 minutes as my legs, body and mind felt tired due to the running from the two previous days and the fact of working all night and not sleeping before running (Silly you say well you are not the first to say that). The ground was again so slippery in places that I am seriously considering to audition for "Bambi On Ice" if that show exist and if it doesn't I shall write it myself  including the choreography......

Thursday I rested as I was encouraged to do so from my wife and two very good friends @marktownson and @timcnicholls. I did not want to but seeing that I am a loose cannon at times who easily gets carried away I decided it would be for the best to listen to the people I trust....

Today I had a good 60 minute run with @timcnicholls around the lovely town of wantage and grove. It was early ish, wet but mild and gave us the chance for a good natter, very important I find.

So I guess I won't have time to run again this week so my totals for this weeks training are:
Activities: 4 (Running only)
Time spent running: 347 minutes (5 hours and 47 minutes)
Distance covered: 61.96km (38.5miles)

Well I will run and blog again next week but until then I would like to Thank you for reading my blog and wish you all a very Happy Christmas may you celebrate it in which ever way you want without any trouble or upsets and lots of happiness.

Here are some pictures from my run last week I the first is of the snow I ran in and the second shows the great view I had up on the Ridgeway. I shall put more pictures up in future.




If you would like to raise money for the Amber Phillpott Trust and other charities supported by Yeah Baby and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment