Sunday 22 April 2012

Sometimes work just gets in the way....

Hi and welcome back to my blog!
So this week I knew wasn't going to be that good for my training as I had a lot of shifts to work and had jobs to do at home as well as wanting to spent some time with my family. This means that there's not much to report training wise but let me start my blog off with some good fund raising news.

Monday
Apart from a strength walk, lots of housework and spending a fun day with my kids and my wife (once she was back from work) I managed to squeeze in a new and very hard interval session, which I really enjoyed.
Hold on that's not all. I also received 2 standard open ended return tickets from the kind and very generous people from First Great Western Trains.
tickets just didn't look as good as their logo


 Tuesday
Just work no fun no training but the first USB stick has been reserved thanks to a kind charitable donation. :-)

Wednesday
No training but a great friend of mine sent me authenticated autographs of Michael Owen, Badly Drawn Boy and Sting!!
bad picture but great donation I am so pleased

 Thursday
No training no news apart from an exciting email from a potential sponsor which if it does come true will blow my mind and yours. I am  just waiting to hear back from Babygourmet about the proposed arrangement and then I will give details right here.

Friday
Before my night shift I managed to do a quick interval type session training and it was nice just a bit short but I have to be sensible.

Saturday 
After finishing my night shift we looked after our  baby boy who has been suffering with his last teeth coming through and a nasty temperature. SO only a strength walk and some manly jobs done and that's all.

Sunday
Today was an exciting day as lots of my friends ran the Virgin London Marathon #VLM and for some strange reason I was really excited for them and a bit nervous too. 
Anyhow my lovely wife decided that we should explore a bit more of my actual 35 mile+  ultra route as there is roughly a section of 13 miles I have never even seen... So my brother in law, fellow sith logger and good friend Tim ran from Streatley/Goring to Wallingford with me. That route was scenic and beautiful but this 6.5 mile stretch had 22 gates which I know will be hard to overcome on the 14th of July 2012 but I hope to have friends with me to ease the pain.....

Further more has the lovely Melanie Ellis owner of www.springlark.com informed me that she has hand made a lovely cushion which she is sending down to me to use in the raffle/auction.
She has not stopped there she has also mentioned my blog (including address),Charity and fund raising challenge on her facebook site, via twitter and on her brand new and brilliant new blog which is worth a read whatever you are in to.

Anyhow that was my training week and now to some exciting fund raising news and some impressive stats.

Fundraising news:
I'm still waiting for the final registration for The Amber Phillpott Trust with the virgin giving site before I can register my support site. I will keep you posted with further details. I have received a lot of negative replies from companies and even more have not even answered at all which is sad but it wont stop me.
All of the gifts  received so far will either be raffled off on the day or entered in a silent auction but if anything takes your fancy you can always take it off our hands beforehand in exchange for a donation to The Amber Phillpott Trust.

Stats Zone:
Runs: 3
Distance covered this week: 15.75 miles 
Distance covered this month: 107.4 miles


Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.




If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my 35 mile long Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and soon I will be able to create my sponsorship website so watch this space

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Flo! Another great blog. Hope Fabian sleeps well for you both tonight. Mel. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flo is an amazing man - please take the time to read his fantastic blog as he prepares to take on the challenge on the 14 July of an Ultramarathon ( think it's 35 miles!) all in aid of The Amber Phillpott Trust . He will finish his mammoth run during our Festival in Abingdon's Market Place. He deserves all our support leading up to the event and to see him finish on the 14th July. Please follow his blog. thankyou.xx
    (Posted on our Yeah Baby Facebook page today)

    ReplyDelete