Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter
I hope you all had a great Easter and ate lots of chocolate as that will help our economy and our mood:-)

Anyway lets talk about my preparation this week for the charity challenge which will be a 35mile ultramarathon along the Ridgeway and the Thames Tow Path finishing in Abingdon on the 14th of July 2012. (Just in case you didn't know that)

Monday
We drove home from Baildon and it was a lovely drive with lots of fun and laughter. Once we were home and unpacked I had a chance to go for a quick 3.1mile (5km) run and I beat my personal best by roughly 15 seconds and am down to 20 minutes and 16 seconds. So it was a great day thanks to a brilliant team effort from team Stoermer.

Tuesday
It was a nice long run on a new undulating route covering some steep inclines and not before discovered footpaths across the beautiful countryside.


me in the beautiful countryside looking tired

Once I got home after the uneventful but fun run I realised that my third and fourth toe on both feet were bleeding not sure why but I thought that was weird and was planning to put pictures in here but was advised against it.....

Wednesday and Thursday
Both days were spent sleeping as I was on nights..


Friday
I slept 2 hours after my final night and was dropped off en-route to see some friends. I used to drive this section as part of my journey to work but was blissfully unaware on how undulating it was. I ran it with some tired legs and mind and thoroughly enjoyed it as it tested my mental and physical strength.



Long  straight uphill road (tough)





Saturday

No training due to other commitments but managed to email a lot of companies and businesses to ask for sponsorship or prizes for a charity raffle. I managed to contact 100 plus companies and got 3 promises of prizes already. Details and pictures as soon as I get the prizes.

Sunday
I only managed one 2 mile strength walk due to Easter and other commitments.


All in all I am very happy with this weeks adventures as I did a lot of work on the fundraising and awareness raising side and had some decent runs.


Fundraising news:
Still awaiting the final registration from The Amber Phillpott Trust with the virgin giving site before I can register my support site. I will keep you posted with further details. As soon as I receive the promised prizes I will show you pictures of them here.

Stats Zone:
Runs:3
Distance covered this week: 27.03 miles
Distance covered this month: 40.13 miles


Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.




If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my 35 mile long Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and soon I will be able to create my sponsorship website so watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment