Sunday 29 April 2012

Have I got some great exciting news for you?

You better believe it!!!
Did I run much this week? Well no as I had another busy week at work and wanted to dedciate at least one whole day to my family so only had 2 days to train after finishing 3 nights. My training news will come later but first of all please visit and support me on www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer
here you can join a few others to help me raise as much money as possible for The Amber Phillpott Trust.

Monday & Tuesday
Sadly no training these two days due to night shifts

Wednesday
Still no training but Family Ellis surprised me by sending  this cushion. If you would like to own it it is available in exchange for a donation to The Amber Phillpott Trust. Just email me what you would like to donate. A great present for anyone really. If you would like to see some more of her handywork please visit her website www.springlark.com.
Family Ellis also sent this amazing RC Audi car, which is so cool that I might bid for it myself but then again that would be wrong I guess but what a great present this would make to any boy or man because we will always be little boys deep down.
Thursday
Or should I call it double run Thursday?
I did a steady 4.67 miles at a decent pace after nights without any rest after my 3 night shifts and after lunch and a little post lunch nap I did a hard 60 minute interval session (8miles) which really took it out of me but so worth it :-) both for the physical but especially for the mental strength gained by this.

Friday
I woke up and ran on some very stiff and tired legs for just 80 minutes (8.5miles) it was slow and was tough but I did it so another mental victory.
Then I had my hair cut at my favourite barber shop in town Roly's Revived and they offered to donate a free hair cut to my charity raffle/auction.
I then had to pick up my car from the great garage that is Grease Monkeys located on the Grove Technology Park (Wantage) who offered to donate a free oil change and pressure check service towards my charity auction/raffle.

Saturday &Sunday
No training as I was working on Saturday and had a great family day on Sunday.


Fundraising news:
www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer is the web address you can use to donate money towards The Amber Phillpott Trust. I have received a lot of negative replies from companies and even more have not even answered at all which is sad but it wont stop me. I am glad it didn't stop me as  the 2 local business I approached directly were very forthcoming and generous so I shall continue to email, call ,write and speak in person to all sorts of companies.
All of the gifts  received so far will either be raffled off on the day or entered in a silent auction but if anything takes your fancy you can always take it off our hands beforehand in exchange for a donation to The Amber Phillpott Trust.
Available at present are:
Cushion from "Spring Lark"
RC car
Black T-Shirts from Calsberg
Baby food (bowl, spoons, sachets, cuddly toy) from Hipp
Authenticated autographs (Sting, Badly drawn boy, Michael Owen)
Open ended standard return train tickets from FGW x 2
mens hair cut
oil change
4GB USB sticks (only 2 left)
golf balls
frisbees
If you like any of these items then please email me at florianstoermer@gmail.com and express what you are interested in and I will get back to you.



Stats Zone:
Runs: 3
Distance covered this week: 21.2 miles 
Distance covered this month: 128.37 miles


Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.


If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my 35 mile long Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and/or donate via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer

No comments:

Post a Comment