Sunday 24 June 2012

What can you see..... Great Friends

So this week a lot happened I ran my first ever marathon, ran the furthest distance in one week, received the raffle tickets and wristbands for the Yeah-Baby concert/event and met the Yeah-Baby team on Monday.

That's a lot to write about but the biggest thing I got this week arrived today via email from my best friend Mark Townson and it made me smile, emotional, overwhelmed, cry and a bit proud. What is it you ask well its a link to something Mark has created please click on the link below and enjoy.


 How cool is that!?!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Now let me start to tell you about my  week.


Monday
I met the Yeah Baby team at one of their pre event meetings and it was really nice to finally meet James Phillpott and Leon Turner after so many emails  between us. Everyone who was there was very friendly and I am so proud to be allowed to be part of such a great group of people.

Tuesday
I started my first run with a swollen and painful toe and therefore decided to listen to advice given to me from so many people and not push it and only ran 20 miles in a respectable 2:47hrs covering an elevation change of 1134feet on a multi terrain run. This was my first training run where I came home to simulate a check point style stop and it was weird but I need to get used to it.... What is it? Well you have a break basically in which you eat, drink and check your body and gear and fix any issues before you go off again.


Wednesday
After listening to my body and a lot of stern advice given by a lot of people who care about my well being I decided not to run a half marathon as planned but rather to cut it short to 10miles as I fell twice yesterday and hit my swollen toe against a rock. Nothing really happened on this run just that I ran it in a decent pace with a very strong finish (I like finishing strong). 10.1 miles in 1:16hr.... followed by a night shift

Thursday & Friday
I worked 2 more nights

Saturday
I had a lovely time with my family and got a very nice prize from a local shop called Spoilt Silly. They have a lot of lovely presents and is well worth a visit either here in Wantage in the Market Square or online via the link above. In the evening I drove to Cheltenham as I had to prepare for my first ever very early marathon race.

Sunday
This week I have run my first ever marathon race. I know some of you will scratch their head and say but you have run a marathon before and ultra marathons in training and race conditions. Yes you are right but I have never ran a marathon race before.

Before I started the training for my 37+ miles ultra marathon I have only ever competed and trained for 10k and half marthon races so all of this is very new to me as well and I am a newbie to this ultra endurance training/running.

So to start my marathon racing I chose an undulating mud bath off road marathon and boy did I choose well so well that I convinced @mikew30 and @ryyanbayliss to join me for a nice stroll in the picturesque countryside....
It was the hardest run I have ever done but it was worth it despite covering an elevation change of at least 5057 feet burning 5068kcal. It was very muddy, very hilly in places, treacherous at times, heavy sharp showers, got lost and added 2 miles to the run. I didn't fall but slid a lot and made bambi look like a natural on ice, climbed over a 2m+ gate (as it was jammed) and had to work really hard as well as being sensible to avoid any injury. I absolutely loved it.




Fundraising news: 
I have met the Yeah Baby team and finally met James Phillpott (founder of the Amber Phillpott Trust) in person for the first time. They are a great bunch and the day appears to be well organised and I am very excited to be part of it and slightly gutted that I cannot enjoy it as a spectator as it sounds like an amazing day! Read more about it on http://www.yeah-baby.co.uk/.
Thank you for helping to reach the milestone of £1000 which is 66% of the total money I would like to raise... please help us to achieve this total by donating via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer. All money donated will go to The Amber Phillpott Trust
All of the gifts  received so far will either be raffled off on the day or entered in a silent auction to help raise funds for The Amber Phillpott Trust, Helen&Douglas House hospice, Oxford children's hospital and Ronald House.
The Beard
Yes I have not shaved for one week and this is all that I have to show for it.... Its embarassing but people enjoy laughing at it and are happy to donate to my charity beard grow please feel free to do so yourself via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer and mention beard in the message box.
Raffle tickets can now be ordered/bought from me as well as great red yeah-baby wristbands both will cost £1 each and will help a lot and some great prizes can be won.


Available prizes at present are:




Yummy Thai (£20 voucher)
1 Barbie Doll
2 Disney princess dolls
2 WWF wrestling figures
1 Polly Pocket pack
1 Mr.Men toy
5 HotWheels car
2 cars from CARS
3 Buff goodies bag
1 Black Hobgoblin T-Shirt (Marstons)
1 White Pedigre T-Shirt (Marstons)
The Lamb  (£50 voucher)
The Bear inn (voucher for 2 people 2 course meal on a Sunday)
King Alfreds Head(2 bottles of Wine)
Cleggs pharmacy (A spa set)
Creative cookshop (aprons &bandanas for boys and girls and a children chocolate making set)
Headlines (voucher for one hair cut)
Snob & Lock (leather wallet)
Heart to Heart (memory box and scented candles)
Motoquip (car valet pack)
Photogenic (one sitting voucher)
Unami (sauces)
Cutting bar (voucher for one hair cut)
Berghaus Rucksack
Hall&Woodhouse £30 voucher
Kingsmill £5 voucher
Teapot clock
High School Musical dance mate games (times 2)
Segais design hair cut (its gone)
Little cuddly polar bear teddy's
2 Oxford United Tickets
Cushion from "Spring Lark" (its gone)
RC car
Black T-Shirts from Calsberg
Baby food (bowl, spoons, sachets, cuddly toy) from Hipp
Authenticated autographs (Sting, Badly drawn boy, Michael Owen)
Open ended standard return train tickets from FGW x 2
Roly's revived Men's hair cut
Grease Monkeys oil service and valet
4GB USB sticks (only 2 left)
golf balls
Frisbees
If you are interested in a raffle ticket then please email me at florianstoermer@gmail.com.

Online Total today:
£1000direct donations £54 this week Thank You
That is brilliant as we have reached  £1000 but I would like to raise another £500 so please help to spread the word and donate what you can every penny helps!

Stats Zone:
Runs: 3
Distance covered this week: 58.1 miles 
Distance covered last month: 119.6 miles



Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.


If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my 35 mile long Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and/or donate via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer

No comments:

Post a Comment