Sunday 27 May 2012

Sun, Beach & Training

Hi and welcome back I hope you had a chance to enjoy the lovely weather this week.
Well I have been on a lovely family holiday down south in Milford on Sea meeting some great tweeps who we are now lucky enough to call friends. It was a great week. Anyway here are my training updates.

Monday:
I started the day with an interval session of 3/2/1 min slow/steady/fast on pebbles and it was tough but beautiful as I saw Hurst Castle and the Isle of Wight so cannot complain. My fast sections were good, not overly fast but that has to be expected on pebbles. 3.79 miles covered

This was followed by a 6 hour endurance training at Peppa Pig World (tough going but the ice cream and lovely picnic as well as my lovely wife and 2 treasures helped me get through it;-))


I finished the day with a 2.91 mile dash. I felt tired but it was a good run and the pace was acceptable.


Tuesday:
I did not run but for the first time in 17 years I cycled. Not just that; I cycled with my 2 kids, repair kit and picnic in a trailer on the back and we did 3 separate stages and covered 25 miles. That was enough for us and we did enjoy the sights. It felt like interval training working muscles very differently and hurting for a few days afterwards when sitting down.....



Wednesday:
I did a new interval session on uneven and unpredictable pebble beach. It was beautiful but the hardest 6.12 miles I have ever run. My legs worked hard as I kept thinking about the reason why I am doing this #itsallaboutamber and that kept me pushing on.



Thursday:
I did another interval session 1:1minutes of slow:fast up to 5:5 minutes this was completed on the looser pebble beach section and it did hurt so much possibly because of the run from Wednesday but I am happy with my efforts.


Friday:
No running just some strength walking and admitting that I hit a wall not literally like the old lady that crashed into a wall (she appeared fine) or like the old man who fell and crashed into a wall (he was seen to by a paramedic (I hope he is ok) and no not like the cyclist who did not pay attention and just fell into the water (he was fine just very embarrassed). It's not even a training wall......but the Fundraising Wall.  I seem to have come to a bit of a stand still so could do with your help to continue raising money for The Amber Phillpott Trust via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer Please help me. Every little bit counts!!!!


Saturday:
Our last day in Milford and we said good bye to our newly found friends after I finished a 7mile fast ish "hedgehog" run along the coastal path so much easier than pebbles:-)
Once we arrived home my neighbour came over to give me a parcel that was left hanging out of our door by the postman (thank you). It was from The Marston brewery and  had 2 T-Shirts for the raffle in it.
In the evening one of my lovely tweeps and now friends decided to help spread the word by sharing my link with her followers and encouraging them to re-tweet it as well.

Sunday:
A lot of washing, ironing, cleaning, playing and BBQ had to be done so no time for running but enough time to do a few upper body strengthening exercises.


Fundraising news:
www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer is the web address you can use to donate money towards The Amber Phillpott Trust.I have now all but finished my cooperate fund raising approach so I can concentrate on my training.
All of the gifts  received so far will either be raffled off on the day or entered in a silent auction to help raise funds for The Amber Phillpott Trust, Helen&Douglas House hospice, Oxford children's hospital and Ronald House.
Raffle tickets will be available to purchase soon and I am more than happy to take your orders once I have all the details.

Available prizes at present are:


1 Black Hobgoblin T-Shirt (Marstons)
1 White Pedigre T-Shirt (Marstons)
The Lamb  (£50 voucher)
The Bear inn (voucher for 2 people 2 course meal on a Sunday)
King Alfreds Head(2 bottles of Wine)
Cleggs pharmacy (A spa set)
Creative cookshop (aprons &bandanas for boys and girls and a children chocolate making set)
Headlines (voucher for one hair cut)
Snob & Lock (leather wallet)
Heart to Heart (memory box and scented candles)
Motoquip (car valet pack)
Photogenic (one sitting voucher)
Unami (sauces)
Cutting bar (voucher for one hair cut)
Berghaus Rucksack
Hall&Woodhouse £30 voucher
Kingsmill £5 voucher
Teapot clock
High School Musical dance mate games (times 2)
Segais design hair cut (its gone)
Little cuddly polar bear teddy's
2 Oxford United Tickets (sorry Raffle only)
Cushion from "Spring Lark" (its gone)
RC car
Black T-Shirts from Calsberg
Baby food (bowl, spoons, sachets, cuddly toy) from Hipp
Authenticated autographs (Sting, Badly drawn boy, Michael Owen)
Open ended standard return train tickets from FGW x 2 (sorry Raffle only)
Roly's revived Men's hair cut
Grease Monkeys oil service and valet
4GB USB sticks (only 2 left)
golf balls
Frisbees
If you are interested in a raffle ticket then please email me at florianstoermer@gmail.com.

Online Total today:
£635 direct donations £20 this week Thank You
£131 donated for goods received
That is brilliant but I would like to raise another £865 so please help to spread the word and donate what you can every penny helps!

Stats Zone:
Runs:4
Distance covered this week: 22.9 miles 
Distance covered this month: 112.3 miles
Walks: 7 covering roughly a further 10 miles


Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.


If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my 35 mile long Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and/or donate via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer

No comments:

Post a Comment