Sunday 8 July 2012

Reflection

Today I am very nervous so there will only be a short blog from me sorry.

First of all a few bits for your diary
Next Saturday the 14.07.2012 is YeahBaby in Abingdon click on the link to find out why YOU just can't afford to miss it.
Wednesday the 11th of July at 1100 I will be interviewed by BBC radio Oxford (very exciting)

REFLECTION
So I am nearly at an end of my 7 month journey and I could write about so much but I will keep it to the main things I remember and that keep me going.

I have learnt a lot about my body and have managed to get it much stronger and fitter but that is at the bottom of my list. Another thing is that I have learnt that mentally perceived limits are just in your head and can be surpassed with the right attitude and support. I am lucky enough to have both and have pushed so much past any of my previous limits despite being nearly broken once....

I have two main memories when thinking about this challenge. The first is the generosity of people to donate, send prizes and give their time to help me spread the word which really has taken me by surprise and is something that has really humbled me and continues to do so. I know that I will think about this when I feel down, as not only people who know me but people who don't at all have supported me in places as far away as India....

The main memory however will be the emotional support and encouragement I received from colleagues, friends, tweeps but especially from my family. I have been down at times, struggled and doubted that I could successfully complete the entire challenge but all of you helped me going so far and will do so next Saturday I am sure of that.

Well that's it from me for today sorry only short....

Beard
The bumfluff beard is growing and people continue to admire my full grown beard make jokes about my lack of hair and some even call it patch work as I have some patchy bits on my face with no hair. You can still fund the beard growth by mentioning beard when donating online.

Stats Zone
Runs: 4
Distance: 20.8miles
nothing special but it was great as my lovely wife started her training and ran 3 times this week I am one proud runner, trainer and especially husband

Online Total today:
Direct donations £220 this week Thank You
That is brilliant as we have reached  £1550 Thank you so very much everyone. Your help is much appreciated and there is still money to be collected from sponsorship forms so just how much money can we raise for The Amber Phillpott Trust? Maybe £2000 who knows but all I can promise is that I will give it my best in just under 5.5days and I know you will too.Show me your support by donating via www.virginmoneygiving.com/florianstoermer and/or by spreading the word? If you have pledged to give money please feel free to give it to me as soon as you want.


Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.


If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my 38.5 mile long Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and/or donate via My Fundraising page


No comments:

Post a Comment