Monday 6 February 2012

Good Nutrition to Minstrelathon to Chocothon

Good Day,
So last week I thought about all the nutritional advise I have been given before heading out for what is to be my longest recorded run yet. I decided to pre-hydrate properly with my energy drink and took another 800ml bottle, 2 Trek bars, sports beans and Soreen malt loaf as well as Soreen banana loaf with me.
Well I ran 23 miles with an avg pace of  9:06min/mile with a negative second half split. I did not know where to run and started out planning a road run but the temptation that are the Ridgeways got the better of me again and so I ran again part of my ultra marathon route. Nothing happened apart from seeing lots of beautiful horses and very friendly walkers and runners on the way. It was just a really nice and uneventful run.
Oh one thing did happen......
The food was hanging in a bag from my drink belt and it kept banging into my leg which was irritating but funny when I saw the result later that night when working a night shift.
4 circular food bruises....

My next training run was an uneventful medium distance run with a good avg. pace of  8:18min/mile and yes with a negative split. Legs, body and mind felt good.

After that I did an 3,2,1 interval session during which I met team but failed to meet up with them at the end of my run as I had to cut my training run short so that I could go and meet some other dads at the pub for FF (first Friday). The one time we all can talk like teenagers again and put he world right over a pint or two.....



My preferred beer on FF

After I had about 3 pints too many I realised that it was very cold -9 degrees Celsius and I had to do something to keep warm. So I decided to sprint in between lamp posts on the way home with my hood up (Which must have been quite a sight)


Anyway Saturday I felt rather delicate for a while so to punish myself for drinking too much I decided to do another interval session.....
It worked, I felt better just very tired.

MINSTRELATON IS NOW CHOCOTHON
On Sunday a twitter conversation was started and  #minstrelathon was invented by 
It straight away attracted attention and quite a few followers and we all started to spread the word.In order to allow more people to join us and for equality reasons we decided to  change the name  to  #chocothon.

We do not discriminate against any form of chocolate you like to eat instead we praise you for it. Yes we are all runners that love sport and are aware of the importance of a balanced diet but how can any diet be balanced if it does not involve any chocolate. 
To show our commitment to this cause we have decided that all participants are #chocathletes who are all allowed to enter the #chocolympics once a date and venue has been confirmed. We even have rules
1. Do not dis #chocothon
2. Join #chocothon
3. Spread the word

Oh yes the legal stuff now:  
Please eat Chocolate responsible and do not eat and drive! Think!!!
Know your limits!
We have no idea what we are talking about but that we know:-)
Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoyed reading this blog as much as I did writing it.
Sadly no news on the charity registration number yet but I am in close contact with the founder of The Amber Phillpott Trust and will let you know what is happening as soon as I know.
 
Stats Zone:

Runs this week:4
Distance covered: 46.41 miles (74.689km)
Running time:  6:41hours
Distance run this month so far: 22.38miles (36.01 km)
Strength walks:5
Distance covered: 10.93miles (11.217km)
Daily challenges:
Situps (#situathon): 400
Press ups #pressupchallenge :  377
Plank #plankaday: 13:21 minutes
Additional exercise was a strict regime of knee strengthening exercises which I will not bore you with unless you would like to know the stats....




If you would like to raise money for the Amber Phillpott Trust and other charities supported by @Yeah Babyconcert and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and soon I will be able to create my sponsorship website so watch this space

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Hope we dont have to log all the chocolate we eat though. Id be logging fir hours. chocolate logging

    ReplyDelete