Saturday 14 January 2012

Time for change

Hi again,
This blog will be in three parts first will be a mention of my friends blog followed by a little bit of ranting  from me about running etiquette and it will finish with my weekly training report.

I wish to mention the blog from @marktownson titled "Felix, Freddie and Fluoxetine..." in this he talks about his struggles with mental health issues and how he copes with it. I urge you to read his blog as it will help you to understand mental health issues more and might give you info about help available to you or a friend which you did not know about so if you would like to read it please click here. It is time to change be part of it do not ignore it.
A misty start but I still love this plane




So now about the running etiquette I mentioned above. I do not know if there is a running etiquette but I feel there should be. Like if it is dark do not run on the street unless you have to but under no circumstances without high visibility/reflective gear, do not trip someone up and help if some needs help these are basics I think. However I do not go on about them but about the unfriendly attitude of some runners. When I go running and see another runner I wave, nod, greet or do something to acknowledge them and I think that anyone else should do the same but most don't and some look even pissed off put out when I greet them and no its not because of me. I thought I am the only one who is bothered by this but after recently reading the blog form @grahamblubdell and discussing this with my running partner @timcnicholls I realised that a lot of runners experience and feel the same. So lets try and change this by promoting common courtesy amongst all runners. It is time to change #letsmakeeachothersmilewhilst running
Just some of the sights I run past during my training



Training.....
well after my knee issues last week and other commitments I did not have much time to train and most importantly was not able to go running off road as I did not want to risk injuring my knee any further. I still managed an hour at roughly 10km pace, one quick mile run after work, one half marathon run, one hour run with interval training and two strength walks in addition to my daily challenges #pressupchallenges and #plankaday. My knees are OK a little niggle here and there especially when running downhill but I have got a treatment plan in hand.....


Stats Zone:
Runs this week: 4
Distance covered: 28.93 miles (46.558km)
Running time:  3:59 hours
Walks: 2
Distance covered: 4.4 miles (7.08km)
Walking time: 1:32 hours
Weekly distance covered: 33.33 miles (53.63km)
Weekly running/walk time: 5:31 hours
Press ups this week: 223 part of #pressupchallenge
Plank time this week: 10:15 minutes

Thank you for reading please share this blog with your friends and family as I train this hard and blog all in the name of charity.
See you next week
Flo
My runs are beautiful ;-)

If you would like to raise money for the Amber Phillpott Trust and other charities supported by @Yeah Babyconcert and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment