Saturday 7 January 2012

Lyrical Blog "Running is beautiful"

Happy New Year everyone,

well this week was very exciting as I did my first double run day (2 separate runs in a day) and had my first proper runners health scare.....

Yes I had a constant pain in the one place no runner wants to feel any pain-The Knee!!!
I got up on Friday morning at 0400 as I couldn't sleep and when walking down the stairs my knees nearly gave way but they didn't and maybe I am exaggerating but it did hurt like hell and scared me. As a runner you know your knees are getting a beating but you do everything you can do to prevent it but when you do get a pain you get worried..... Well after taking regular nurofen, taking my kids swimming and fixing the fence and a day of rest my knees got better and I managed to do a short run on Saturday. Life is beautiful:-)

view from the park over wantage


Running is brilliant


My life is brilliant.
My runs are pure.
I saw a challenge.
Of that I'm sure.
It smiles at me on the Ridgeway.
Its been done by another man.
But I won't lose no sleep,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your profile on my google map,
And I don't know how to do you,
'Cause I've never run you.

Yeahbaby concert caught my eye,
As everyone walked on by.
@piertown saw  my tweets for help,
training aspiration running high,
And I don't know how to do it,
But I'm following his advice till the end.....

Ok enough of that lyric writing feel free to comment if you know the song and artist....
I did 4 runs this week and enjoyed my first double run Thursday. Nothing interesting happened on my runs apart from being pushed around by a little bit of wind so here is my training summary and a picture of obstacles I had to overcome.

Runs this week: 4
Distance covered: 31.82 miles (51.209km)
Running time:  4:36 hours
Thank you for reading please share this blog with your friends and family.
See you next week
Flo

If you would like to raise money for the Amber Phillpott Trust and other charities supported by @Yeah Babyconcert and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment