Sunday 4 March 2012

In memory of Amber

This week I will not talk about my training in great detail or give you a stats zone as Amber's anniversary is coming up tomorrow.
I read Amber's story and think about this sentence so often "She brought happiness to all she met and has become an inspiration to many as she enjoyed life with a smile on her face right to the very end...." as it reminds me of how I see my children and am sure how many of us see their children. They are our little sunshines and angels and are the most precious treasures in our life.
I cannot start to imagine what it feels like to lose your child but have seen what it does to families. James and Fleur have decided that they would like to help prevent this from happening to anyone else and do what they can to achieve this goal. They set up The Amber Phillpott Trust and hope to help raise money and awareness for AML so they can support research projects all with only one aim; to improve early recognition and successful treatment AML.
  
When I heard about Amber I wanted to do something to help James & Fleur as what they are doing is such a brave and inspirational thing to do and must be so hard for them. So I decided that if they can push themselves to do it I should push myself to run farther than I have ever done before. I shall run my very own ultra marathon.
So all this blogging and running is just to help raise awareness and funds for The Amber Phillpott Trust and my (approx) 35miles long ultra marathon along the Ridgeway and the Thames towpath will be happenning as part of the Yeah Baby Concert in Abingdon on the 14.07.2012 and I really hope you will be there to have a lovely day listening to free music and be safe in the knowledge that if you are spending money it will help good causes as this whole day is a charitable event.
I have not started to ask for sponsorship as the site is not fully set up, however I have already received sponsorship money from very good friends of my in laws and that is so kind and took me by surprise I have to admit.....




Thank you for reading my blog please feel free to comment on it and share it with your followers and friends.




If you would like to raise money for  The Amber Phillpott Trust. and other charities supported by   The Yeah Baby Concert and to see me finish my Ultramarathon, then please come to the YeahBaby event in Abingdon Oxfordshire on the 14.07.2012 for a  free day of music, stalls, face painting etc... and soon I will be able to create my sponsorship website so watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment